POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Prospect qualified new customers who fit Southland’s targeted customers to generate new sales opportunities to the Southwest Division with a primary emphases on proposing and closing new maintenance/inspection agreements.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Works with SGM to identify specific clients within the Division’s targeted vertical markets.
- Develop sales business plan to address those targeted markets which should include prospecting, proposal and sales booking goals.
- Meets with prospective customers to sell Southland and Southland’s capabilities with a major focus on new maintenance agreements.
- Creates and maintains positive client relationships.
- Creates and maintains positive interoffice and interdepartmental relationships.
- Become familiar with and be able to discuss all of Southland’s offerings and how it relates to prospects and existing customers.
- Strong people skills which allows a person to build a favorable rapport quickly with others. Must be able to think outside of the box and be innovative to create sales opportunities, which will differentiate Southland Industries from its competitors. Ability to overcome objections or negatives.
- Must have strong sales skills in prospecting, qualifying, proposing and closing. Cold calling for new prospects is required and sufficient skills in this area are a must. Maintain a persistent, entrepreneurial attitude throughout the sales process.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and must be able to develop and present power point presentations.
- Must be able to develop written proposals that can clearly articulate the benefits of Southland’s recommendations both technically and financially.
- Must be capable of presenting a professional image to a varying level of prospects from maintenance staff personal to chief executive positions. Upper management personnel is the primary prospect target.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must be self motivated and self disciplined to manage time to produce effective sales results.
- Must be self disciplined to manage constant changes in planned schedules to meet prospects changing requirements and deadlines.
- Must be capable of managing a base of existing clients to effectively maintain positive relationships and continued work from the assigned existing client base.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.