The Product Manager is responsible for the development and execution of brand and product line strategies for their lines to include product marketing,
pricing, new product introductions, market research, product life cycle and forecasting merchandising, advertising, and trade events.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Forms and maintains effective business relationships with suppliers to maximize sales growth and profitability improvement. Conducts productive supplier
meetings to facilitate collaboration, problem solving, business planning, troubleshooting etc.
* Serves as the main MSC point of contact internally and externally for assigned suppliers.
* Manages and is responsible for all acquisition costs (Global and domestic supply chain, raw material, mfg etc.) and cost reduction efforts related to
assigned suppliers through negotiations. Develops annual budgets.
* Manages and is responsible for communicating and enforcing all aspects of supplier operational performance inclusive of delivery, shipping, quality and
overall adherence to requirements in both the Domestic and International Supplier Manuals.
* Identifies opportunities for supply chain improvements and drives cost reductions for product line by working with suppliers and MSC fulfillment centers
in areas such as packaging, PO identification, item labeling, product identification and quality etc.
* Identifies and communicates opportunities to develop new products with supporting plans inclusive of understanding customer needs, brand equity,
competition, logistical requirements etc. Provides sales & margin forecasts and assumptions in support of development plans.
* Identifies and evaluates sources for new product development and potential supplier changes for existing products. Negotiates agreements with new
suppliers in accordance with Supplier Manual as well as Sales and profitability goals.
* Evaluates, under guidance of management, MSC pricing relative to competition and recommends and presents pricing strategies for all product within
designated product lines.
* Develops quarterly tactical and annual strategic product line plans to grow sales and improve profitability in order to achieve budgeted goals, under
guidance of management. Includes but not limited to Product/Supplier mix of business, assortment rationalization, private brand development.
* Works cross-functionally with other groups within MSC to develop and implement tactical and strategic plans and to support budget planning process.
Includes but not limited to Global Sourcing offices, Inventory & Purchasing Team, Co-op, Marketing, Advertising, Sales etc.
* Reviews monthly key result reporting to determine and report variances to budgeted goals. Identifies actions to address variances to plan and
communicates accordingly to management.
* Supports maintenance of MSC data through managing supplier relationships.
* As needed, performs all duties inherent in the role of an MSC Manager including hiring, termination, review and development of associates.
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required.
* Minimum of three years of experience in business development, distribution, product management, marketing or merchandising management is required.
* Excellent mathematical and analytical skills are required.
* Strong negotiation skills are required.
* Supplier management experience required.
* Business plan development experience required.
* Product development and sourcing experience required.
* Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills are required.
* Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
* Merchandising experience preferred
* Inventory Management and purchasing experience preferred.
* Management of Profit and Loss experience preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of the procurement and inventory process and associated costs including inventory, logistics, acquisition costs, purchasing,
and related accounting functions are preferred.
* Budget development and management skills are preferred.
* A valid state driver’s license and the ability to travel 10% of the time is required.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Many a small thing has been made large by MSC Industrial Direct's business; the company stands as one the largest US direct suppliers...