Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
RedHat Systems Engineer
Type of Position:
District of Columbia
Specific skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree Major(s): IT Systems Management, Computer Science or related field and 8 years of related experience
- Certification/License(s): RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) required
- 5 years of administration of Red Hat.
- Experience w/ Veritas Storage Migrator and HSM
- Experience w/ Veritas NetBackup 7
- Ability to design RedHat based infrastructure solutions, document the solutions and test them in a lab environment.
- Experience with designing and supporting high availability UNIX solutions.
- Experience with UNIX disaster recovery.
- Experience with Netbackup.
- Experience with certificate authority services a plus.
- Experience with automating UNIX deployment packages.
- Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
- Experience with and ability to configure and deploy Linux based complex solutions.
- Experience performing system administration duties on Linux systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux problems.
- Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
- High level of initiative and self-confidence along with strong verbal and written communication skills is important.
- Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
- Managed multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux and Solaris problems.
- U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship with good financial background (Agency check will be required for this position).
- Must be able to pass a NACI background check.
URS is looking for a RedHat Systems Engineer to join our team in Washington, D.C.!
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
- UNIX Administrator supporting a 24/7 RedHat Linux/Solaris server infrastructure.
- Responsible for operating, maintaining, and supporting the overall RedHat Linux/Solaris server architecture in a 5,000 user, multi-site production environment.
- Individual would be responsible for managing the maintenance activities of RedHat Linux/Solaris servers.
- Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and updates of applications on these servers.
- Managing system infrastructure and all related processes.
- Providing Transition support for data center moves regarding the Development, Test, Stage and Production environments to include migration-related activities, account management, software/OS updates and patching, OS installations and configuration on new servers, server decommissioning activities, responding to Service Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated with the systems, assisting developers with isolation and resolution of application issues which are service, operating system or hardware based.
- Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we transition data centers.
- Other duties as required.
- The position is in Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC. This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...