Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital, located in Coon Rapids, Minn. is a 271-bed hospital serving the northwestern metro area. In 2011, Mercy was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals® and one of the top 20 mid-size hospitals in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters Healthcare, and is nationally recognized for cardiovascular care. With 2,200 employees and 740 affiliated physicians, Mercy has 154,250 admissions and serves nearly 58,000 emergency patients annually.
- Professional nursing is the healing art and science used for diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems. This means that the professional registered nurse uses his/her education, experience and critical thinking skills to coordinate patient care.
- As a leader, the professional nurse has the responsibility, authority, and accountabilty for assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the care for patients and their loved ones.
- The RN in Emergency Services provides nursing care to patients of any age presenting to the department with emergency care needs. Types of diagnosis may include: patients with general medical, surgical and oncology care needs that require acute care or outpatient observation care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
- Current MN license
- Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Emergency Department experience or New Grad RN with 1 year paramedic experience required
- Strong clinical knowledge base in related area
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and patient care competencies for assessment, intervention, and contributions to health care team planning and evaluation
- Ability to work intimately with patients and families throughout life continuum
- Ability to establish effective relationships with health care team members, managers, and leaders and with the key persons who relate to the patient and family during times of illness, crisis and development
- Skillful in teaching others
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time 36 hrs/week
- 8 hr shifts during week
- 12 hr shifts every third weekend FLEX start times
- MNA Contract
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area's gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
Community Resource Links:
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
- Population = 63,000
- Service area = 413,500
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 16 months ago
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...