As a remote sensing image scientist, you will:
- Help intelligence community clients to address their most challenging problems using remote sensing, LIDAR, and instructor skills.
- Provide service as a trusted advisor working onsite with a client delivering LIDAR training to a workforce.
- Become a member of an elite group of consultants in a growing team.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- 5+ years of experience using satellite and airborne collection platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with data/image processing using LIDAR and multispectral data.
- Experience with handling/manipulating LIDAR data, including production of DEM, foundation data, and specialized products.
- Experience with image processing software, including QT Modeler, ERDAS Imagine, SOCET GXP, and RemoteView.
- Experience as an instructor or trainer for small to medium sized groups-Knowledge of government TCPED process.
- Knowledge of Instructional Systems Design (ISD).
- Knowledge of development of learning objectives, methodologies of lecture, demonstration, and practical exercise, adult learning theory, and use of training aids.
-Experience with Intelligence Community (IC) customers.
Required Education (including Major):
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Image Science, Remote Sensing or applicable technical degree along with six years of relevant experience OR fourteen years of education, technical training, work, and/or military experience in lieu of a degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2012 sales of $24 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 68,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more than 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2012 revenues.
Raytheon - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...