(February 2012 - June 2013)
To produce and edit television and web content for C-SPAN feature series "First Ladies: Influence and Image;" to be the liaison between Programming and New Media departments for this project.
- Produces, edits and prepares program content for First Ladies series, taking video shot from locations and putting together segments for television programs and web platforms.
- Coordinates website for the series for Programming department, including updating website and social media platforms for the series.
- Assists Programming team with all aspects of series production, including editorial planning, individual show development and booking guests for live and taped segments.
- Shoots video at First Ladies related historic sites in US to gather video content for the series - includes shooting, conducting and producing interviews, tours and events.
- Represents C-SPAN and communicates C-SPAN mission, philosophy and goals to key publics while on outside business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum four years proven television production experience or equivalent required, with a concentration on Producer/Videojournalist/Editing skill sets.
- Proven experience in editing on Final Cut Pro systems.
- Proven website production skills, including video-posting experience.
- Proven ability to shoot professional quality video.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public affairs issues and American history.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office or Apple software applications and other computer programs as required.
- Knowledge of social media applications required.
- Must possess valid driver's license and have the ability to drive vehicles in accordance with C-SPAN operation guidelines.
- Must possess an adequate credit rating to qualify for receipt of a company-issued credit card.
C-SPAN - 21 months ago