QA Engineer IV - US - 19656
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title QA Engineer IV - US
Category Information Technology
Location US-TX-San Antonio-CSTL San Antonio, TX 78218, US
Education High School
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Performs functional, application, and performance tests to ensure quality. Execute testing procedures and programs.
- Familiar withthe software development lifecycle, methodologies, and processes.
- Advance understanding of concept of automation.
- Advance analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement.
- Highly competent knowledge of software development lifecycle and how they pertain to product validation and quality assurance.
- Advance knowledge of test planning, test case specification, and test execution.
- Knowledge of software testing lifecycle and testing tools.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Prepares complex test plans (i.e. reviews requirements, use case, design specifications, and technical documentation in order to build a testing strategy).
- Ensures requirements and design are linked to test cases.
- Writes complex test cases with steps and expected results.
- Executes and reports findings of test case according to plan and allocated timeline.
- Defect management, works closely with the development team to bring issues to closure, logs defect in tool, and runs defect status report.
- Certifies application for production. Assists release team in creating release notes and makes the release available to the team and users.
- Works with technical team on environment needs for testing.
- Collects and creates testing data necessary to run test plans.
- Executes/coordinates the scheduling and release of test cycles with appropriate development staff, testing resources, and end users.
- Coordinates the scheduling of production environment. Works with automation team on proof of concept for automated testing.
- Creates and executes test schedule. Estimates testing resources needed for projects.
- Conducts testing team meetings. Manages third party test resources, if applicable.
- Ensures project team is in compliance with testing standards and processes.
- Works with project manager to resolve testing issues to mitigation.
- Identifies different types of test phases (SIT, performance, integration, functional).
- Trains/coaches other QA Rackers. Execute through the software development lifecycle.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, IS, or equivalent.
- Requires four to five years of experience in product research or testing.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office products. C++, Java, QTP, Mercury Suite Testing Tools, IBM Functional Tester, SQL, VB Script.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 4,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...