Posting Title : Senior Member of Technical Staff (Zimbra Admin Console)
About Us : Zimbra, a division of VMware (NYSE: VMW), is the leader in next-generation, open source email and collaboration software. Zimbra is simplifying IT and setting the standard for web and cloud-based collaboration with innovative user experiences, such as a rich AJAX web interface. Streamlined administration, advanced mobility and both on-premises and hosted cloud deployment options have quickly made Zimbra a preferred collaboration platform for businesses, service providers, government and educational institutions. With more than 60 million paid mailboxes worldwide, Zimbra is one of the largest and fastest growing email providers. Zimbra's talented team and unique open source business model are also revolutionizing sales and marketing in the enterprise software market.
Come join a team of leaders defining the next generation of email, calendar and collaboration. Learn more at www.zimbra.com/careers.
Job Description VMware's next-generation, cloud based, collaboration server by Zimbra provides organizations greater overall flexibility and simplicity with integrated email, contacts, calendaring, sharing and
document management plus mobility and desktop synchronization to users on any computer.
VMware's Zimbra Collaboration Suite's advanced web application and server is built on open standards and technologies to deliver unparalleled per-user scalability and lower overall total cost-of-ownership (TCO). It also offers more options than any other platform to meet the array of application deployment strategies, including on-premises or hosted email, all of which can be cloud and virtualization infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to work with the VMware's premier SaaS Cloud based product development team, Zimbra. The Zimbra team runs like a start-up with VMware. We are looking for a senior-level software engineer to help design, improve, and develop the next generation Zimbra Administration Console. You will closely work with the UE designers in our US headquarter, and young, motivated and energetic engineers in Beijing Team.
- Play a key role in designing, developing and enhancing the Zimbra Administration Console for Zimbra Collaboration Server (ZCS).
- Work with development engineers, designers, and product managers to solve problems and to improve the product.
Learn more at www.zimbra.com.
- 5 or more years of software development experience
- Excellent understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS, DOM,
- Experience in developing messaging or information retrieval systems
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, development-oriented environment, a stong "can-do" attitude and have passion with new technology.
- BS or above degree in computer science or related major
- Pluses: Experience with MVC design, experience with AJAX toolkits (such as Prototype, Dojo, jQuery, or YUI), Nginx, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, OpenLDAP, MySQL, Linux Administration.
Location : Pune, India
Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
Requisition Number : 33229BR
VMware - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...