Responsible for multi-state payroll processing and accounting for 8000 employees. Support multiple locations and time zones for union and nonunion workforce in an efficient manner. Provide payroll analysis and financial reporting tools to management.
Payroll System Functionality
- Coordinates tasks interdepartmentally
- Assists teammates in meeting organizational goals
- Processes, audits and balances multiple payroll files that pertain to more complicated payroll transactions.
- Supports and analyzes necessary system functions for employee transfers, terminations, and mid pay period or back dated wage transaction changes.
- Maintains and reconciles payroll related accounts within GL system, i.e. union, imputed income, garnishments, employee expense report reimbursement, vacation and PTO accruals.
- C reates ADP certificates for iReports and customize the creation of payroll registers to meet the needs of our local operations while maintaining confidentiality of others.
- Processes involuntary deductions, i.e. garnishments, disposable income calculations, interpreting levies, and court orders.
- Analyzes an employee's file in the event of multiple wage assignments to determine which assignment has legal priority and exercise judgment to enter the correct deduction and resolution codes in the payroll system.
- Analyzes and calculates retro active wage changes to include researching potential temporary pay rates in multiple systems and time files.
- Creates and designs ad-hoc reports for customers and departmental use.
- Creates multiple tax jurisdictions for reciprocity rules as they pertain to state and local taxes
- Must be able to supply and retain supporting detail for questionable circumstances for external or internal audit.
- Completes/audits tax reports.
- Audits involuntary deductions, i.e. garnishments, disposable income calculations, interpreting levies, and court orders.
- Analyzes audit reports and determine potential employee tax setup issues in the payroll system.
- Analyzes employee accruals to CBA requirements.
- Assists in auditing team members' work
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Must be able to load process and balance a high number of time files in a fast paced environment.
- Must have five years minimum multi-state payroll experience in a high volume environment.
- Preparing accounting transactions and researching documents.
- Must be flexible to change.
- Associate’s degree or its equivalent and at least 3 years of experience in the field
- FCP or CPP designation preferred
Closing Statement This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi task with competing deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, MS Access, MS Power Point.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.