Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, environmental science, transportation, civil engineering, public policy, preservation or related area of study.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience, with three years supervisory experience (beyond schooling).
- Master's degree in related discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience.
- PhD degree in related discipline can substitute for up to three years of work experience.
- Alaska Residency required at the time of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Creativity, foresight and mature planning judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems, determining project objectives and requirements, organizing and developing standards and guides for diverse planning activities.
- Effective and persuasive leadership skills; comfortable with all levels of staff, public, and others.
- Considerable knowledge of land use, transportation, and environmental planning terminology, laws, practices, principles, and regulations.
URS is one of the largest, global, fully integrated planning, environmental, engineering, construction and technical services firms with the capabilities to support the full project life cycle. We offer a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering; a broad range of science and technical services; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. Our business lines encompass private sector (mining, oil and gas, power, pipeline, commercial-industrial, manufacturing, and chemical-Pharmaceutical); infrastructure (surface transportation, rail and mass transit, aviation, ports and harbors, and water resources, treatment, and distribution); and federal programs. With more than 50,000 employees in a network of offices in major cities throughout the Americas, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Europe, our broad-based expertise is a valued resource for federal, state and local government agencies, as well as Fortune 500 and other private industry clients worldwide.
The Anchorage, Alaska office is seeking an experienced, motivated, flexible, and resourceful individual to be responsible for providing Alaska based recreation and management expertise for environmental planning and permitting projects. This individual will need to provide a wide range of technical and management responsibilities.
- Serves as a recreation and environmental planning technical expert for the team / section / office.
- Has experience in interacting with a wide range of Alaska stakeholders on recreation issues
- Understands the nature and range of recreational uses, activities and facilities in Alaska, and related management and planning requirements from municipal, state and federal agencies
- Responsible for the technical management of small teams.
- Maintains effective communication with the team and with clients.
- Identifies, analyzes and addresses the root causes of project issues.
- Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- May develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Plans, coordinates, develops, and monitors projects to completion.
- Works with multiple teams to pursue, manage and deliver projects.
- Establishes, promotes, and assures quality on all projects and work performance
Business Development / Client Management
- Monitors technical performance of staff and provides mentoring and constructive feedback.
- Assists with maintaining professional relations and contacts with clients and.
- Assists with presenting proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Works as a team member with clients to prepare project specifications.
URS Corporation - 19 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...