Security Clearance Level Secret Key Functions • Provide desktop support to end-users by responding to requests for technical assistance.
A+, Network+, and CCNP Certifications
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Track and prepare activity reports on technical assistance provided.
- Administer specialized information systems (e.g., lab infrastructure, VTCs, phone system, classified systems).
- Resolve hardware and software technical problems with specialized information systems (e.g., lab infrastructure, VTCs, phone systems and classified systems).
- Install computer peripherals for end users.
- Coordinate processes for system certification & accreditation for classified and sensitive systems.
- Apply patches and updates.
- Manage user identities, credentials, and privileges on local servers.
- Configure systems in accordance with system security policy.
- Perform audits of classified systems to ensure continued compliance with NISPOM and documented settings.
- Develop IT support policies and procedures and processes for local site.
- Make recommendations and decisions on IT infrastructure, IT support or other areas related to the IT support for the local site.
- Develop training materials for new technology being introduced at local site for site employees.
- Maintain and upgrade tracking system for software and hardware including lifecycle and inventory. Required Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, plus 1 year of job-relevant work experience Desired Education/Experience High School diploma or equivalency. At least three years of System Administrator experience maintaining a Local Area Network of at least 20 end users. Required Skills: Expert knowledge of the Windows Operating System. Operational understanding of current networking technologies and security tools. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to independently analyze problems and solve technical issues. Desired Skills Knowledge of the LINUX Operating System, Microsoft Access and Visual Basic.
DSS Certifications in Personnel, Physical and Industrial Security to include NISPOM Chapter 8 ISSM Certification. Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 5% of the time. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...