ettain group has an immediate opening for a 12-month renewable contract for a Project Manager in Cary, NC. You will be responsible for providing project management and team leadership for small to medium Telecommunications projects as part of the Infrastructure PMO with one of our Fortune 500 utility companies. As a member of the PMO team, you will have the opportunity to manage the enterprise deployment of VOIP phone services and systems to all corporate and field locations across the Carolinas. The ideal candidate will possess leadership skills, be effective at building and maintaining positive working relationships, and possess excellent communication, organization, and collaboration skills.
- Project Planning: Developing project plans and monitoring project status
- Project Communications: Providing formal and informal updates to IT and client stakeholders and sponsors
- Change Management: Working with Operations staff to manage changes to the computing or network environments and/or support procedures and procedures
- Cost Management: Monitoring and reporting financial status of projects (actual vs. budget, project projections, accruals, etc.)
- Resource Management: Working with management and team leads to identify staffing for individual projects and ensuring that project hours (both planned and remaining) are accurate
- Scope Management: Creation of Project Charters and Statements of Work which outline project scope, budgets, assumptions, risks, timelines, resources, costs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Telecommunications concepts and technologies and experience leading VOIP conversions, phone system deployment projects, or data network implementations
- Experience providing leadership and direction to cross-functional project teams comprised of individuals from different units/organizations including telecommunications engineering, construction, and implementation
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects in various stages of execution
For immediate consideration, please follow up with a call to Theresa Verostek at 704-731-8041.
- Experience with desktop telephony applications is also a plus.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago