Prioritize work orders and schedule mechanics according to immediacy and necessity of orders. Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery. Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumbing and hydraulics. Adjust, repair and replace electrical and electronic equipment. Participate in HAZMAT team to ensure preparedness for emergency situations. Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance. Arrange for completion of required paperwork, such as payroll. Attend meetings as scheduled or called.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
JBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or equivalent
JBS - 19 months ago