We have a reputation
At Columbia Sportswear, we’re known for our innovation, quality and value. Last time we checked, you didn’t get that kind of reputation without the right people making it happen. That’s where you come into the picture.
General Position Summary:
This position will develop and oversee the implementation of strategies to drive the eCommerce business on all Columbia Sportswear Company websites. The role spans all aspects of the website operations including responsibility for relationships with our eCommerce solution providers, execution of integrated marketing site strategies to drive online sales, ongoing evaluation of site content and product assortments, and leadership and development of the eCommerce project management and web analytics teams.
Specific Job Skills:
- Lead the creation and execution of consumer sales programs and strategies to generate online sell-through of products.
- Provide leadership in the identification of specific and appropriate opportunities to grow the eCommerce business through the targeted use of web analytics.
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop and execute a comprehensive web strategy; define the scope, business requirements, budget, benefit analysis and cost justification for strategic projects to support business needs.
- Collaborate with Online Marketing to implement objectives to drive customer acquisition, e-commerce, sales, and retention as well as market awareness on websites.
- Work with Interactive Creative Director to create and develop content and web tools that will inspire web visitors, driving an increasing rate of return visitors, inquiries, qualified leads and conversion.
- Evaluate website performance, assess results, and make continuous improvements by examining data and making recommendations to internal clients to evolve site content and web tools to maximize effectiveness.
- Identify needs for new technologies and work with Director of Web Technology to develop requirements through implementation.
- Oversee the eCommerce production team to ensure profitable operation of all Columbia Sportswear Company websites.
- Direct and hold a team of project managers accountable for on-time, on-budget deliverables that meet quality standards and business strategies.
- Determine key performance indicators, track and analyse performance and distribute appropriate reporting weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Review available web analytic metrics to ensure site content, user experience and product performance are optimized to drive sales and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
- Collaborate with Divisional Merchandise Director to ensure all products are merchandised effectively for maximum sale potential though web analytic analysis.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure optimal digital placement of products across all marketing channels.
- 8+ years’ experience of leading a large team of people and operating a successful eCommerce site (apparel and footwear industry is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and drive company initiatives at senior management levels. This includes the distribution of reports on site performance, program and project management, and strategy summaries.
- Excellent understanding of web trends and technologies and SEO practices and strategies
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated strategic vision and creativity in web management in support of business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technology related discipline required, MBA/Master’s degree a plus
Experience in leading and mentoring teams is required
- 8+ years of web experience managing global (multiple language) external and internal sites. This includes experience in CMS, ecommerce, web analytics, and CRM.
If you’re as innovative as our products, we want to hear from you. Apply online . Columbia Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Columbia Sportswear Company has been creating innovative apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment for outdoor enthusiasts since 1938....