We are seeking a Network Engineer with experience working in a Linux environment. The applicant must have experience troubleshooting IP network issues as well as assisting in the support of IPTABLES Firewall based Linux systems and Asterisk (VOIP phone system).
To troubleshoot and resolve IP network issues in a mixed Linux and Windows environment. Maintain and monitor VoIP and Network infrastructure. Provide weekly reports to Manager of Network Services on the state of health.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain IP networks
- Assist in the design of new networks
- Maintain VPN connectivity on an IP based satellite network.
- Assist in the maintenance of Asterisk and VoIP telephony services including SIP trunks
- Work with Internet service providers to install systems and resolve network issues
- Support remote personnel in the troubleshooting and installation of network equipment.
- Configure and maintain firewalls using IPTABLES
- Network and system monitoring and reporting
Valued but not required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with Linux systems and configuration
- Knowledge of VPN connectivity
- Understanding of traffic analysis and network diagnostics
- Experience working with traffic monitoring tools (e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump, traceroute, SSH, telnet)
- Detailed understanding of IP Tables, DNS, IP Routing, OpenVPN, Juniper VPN
- Knowledge of Linux RedHat package management
- In-depth understanding of network protocols
- Experience configuring, deploying and maintaining monitoring systems (e.g. PRTG, Solarwinds, and Cacti systems)
- Ability to hold a Secret level security clearance and possibly up to Top Secret
Reporting to this position
- Experience maintaining Asterisk and troubleshooting SIP VoIP connectivity
- Experience with vmware and SAN connectivity
- Ability to automate tasks through Bash, Perl or PHP scripting
- Able to work in a mixed environment of Microsoft and Linux
- BS degree in technology field
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to lift 50 lbs as a part of a team of two up to 7 feet in height. Position may require overseas travel up to %5 of work year.
Individuals with work authorization based on non-immigrant visa status should advise type of visa when submitting resume. Triple Canopy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.