Rehab Care Manager - Physical Therapist
Department: DC, VNA
Schedule: Full Time, Benefited
Shift: Day shift
ONLINE DESCRIPTION: Rehabilitation Care Manager
Rehabilitation Care Manager (Physical Therapist)
SIGN ON BONUS!
Make a Positive Difference
MedStar Health VNA Rehabilitation Care Managers make a positive difference in people’s lives by working with a team of PTs, OTs, PTAs and speech pathologists to coordinate high-quality homecare for 60-75 patients. The Care Manager position is a great advancement opportunity for an energetic therapist with one year of relevant home healthcare experience. If you enjoy providing patient care in the home but also want to exercise and develop your leadership abilities, the Care Manager position may be right for you.
- Provides clinical oversight and episode management for approximately 75 patients receiving direct care from the therapists who report to this position
- Maintains a caseload of patients, meeting expectations described in the Physical Therapist job description; performs admissions, revisits, re-certifications and discharges
- Coordinates episode management with Operations Directors
- Responsible for clinical outcomes and utilization management
- Ensures therapists: enter frequencies, schedule visits, enter goals and orders the day of patient admission; develop appropriate POC; receive timely authorization for visits; demonstrate competent clinical care; document care thoroughly; schedule complete visits as ordered through the plan of care; and submit all work according to policy
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy, Master of Physical Therapy or Doctor of Physical Therapy
- License to practice Physical Therapy in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia.
- One year homecare clinical experience
- Knowledge of home equipment, homecare reimbursement, and regulations governing physical therapy assistants
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
HR Use Only: *CB*
Facility Location: MedStar VNA, DC Office - Washington, DC