Retail Management Development Internship Program - Stonebriar Centre
Since 1901, customers have come to Nordstrom for exceptional fashion, savvy salespeople and lots of inspiration. That's why the people who work here are so important. They delight our customers every day with their expertise and creativity, and they drive their careers and the success of our company. And ours is a company that supports you as you strive to do what you do best.
Being part of the Retail Management Development Internship program gives you an up-close and personal view of the fashion retail business. It's a real-world perspective you won't find in any classroom.
During the Retail Management Development Internship program, you'll dedicate a majority of your time to learning our business in the most important job in our company - the salesperson. In addition to spending time on the selling floor in a specific merchandise area, you'll work with many levels of management and gain exposure to different areas of our retail business. You'll also work closely with your department manager and other interns on assigned projects, as well as attending management meetings and training seminars.
Participants in the Retail Management Development Internship program are paid a competitive wage and commission, as well as an employee merchandise discount.
The 2013 Internship Program will be approximately a 9 week program starting at the beginning of June.
Actively participate and complete all components of the Retail Management Development Internship program, including time selling on the floor, sales and other events, including but not limited to:
Actively participate in and complete all components of the Retail Management Development Internship program, classroom programs, etc.
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Maintain an active awareness of the merchandise available in the department and store and be able to serve customers as needed
- Perform daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning
- Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
- Open new Nordstrom Fashion Rewards accounts as a means of building customer relationships
- Consistently seek new fashion and product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer
- Set and achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
- Attend classroom training on the various management topics (e.g., recruiting, hiring process and effectively coaching employee issues, etc)
- Learn about the different business units (e.g., Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom
Merchandising Group, etc) to learn about all aspects of Nordstrom, Inc.
- Spend one-on-one time with the department manager to learn how to formulate a business plan, analyze reports, be a student of the business, lead a team, plan an event and write an effective schedule
- Spend time with key store leaders (e.g., store manager, human resource manager, visual manager and personal stylist manager, etc.) to understand each position and how these roles contribute to the store’s success
- Work with regional leadership (e.g., regional manager, regional merchandiser, regional recruiting, etc.) to understand their role, what makes a successful store visit, and how these roles contribute to the region's success
- Meet a member of the executive team to gain insight on what it takes to be successful at Nordstrom
For consideration to the program only one application is necessary. Please only apply to the location you are primarily interested in pursuing.
- Interested in a career in retail management
- Experience in retail a plus
- Enthusiasm for fashion and knowledge of current trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Senior class standing (i.e., graduating in 2013) or entering senior year (i.e., graduating in 2014)
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Full Line Store
Nordstrom - 12 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...