Kantar Retail is designed to increase the revenue and profitability of our clients through a solution based approach. We can solve client issues from strategic to tactical and empower organizations with the skills and capabilities to act. We offer clients better internal alignment and project efficiency, from insight through strategy to activation, and across marketing through category to sales. Our specialist areas include category planning and analytics, customer management and go to market strategy, retailer trends, strategies and platforms, virtual shopping insight, and shopper programme delivery.
Download our complimentary ‘Breakthrough Insights’ iPad app, your interactive guide to understanding today's retail trends and planning for tomorrow's realities. Search "Kantar Retail" in the iTunes store today.
Oracle Database Developer
Reports To: IT Director
Oracle Database Developer
is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing the analytical and ETL processes for Kantar Retail's ShopperGenetics data warehouse and iCube analytical application. He/she serves as the primary Oracle and SQL resource for the Analytics team, providing assistance in query generation and tuning and working proactively to improve database design as business needs evolve.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Performance Indicators:
ETL Processes (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) (60%)
* Maintains and enhances existing analytics, data extraction, cleansing, transformation, and loading processes to continuously improve efficiency and quality control.
* Manages ETL defects, and works to proactively develop new routines and functional improvements that meet evolving business needs.
Database Development (20%)
* Provides database engineering services including: design, development, modification, capacity management, performance management, back-up and recovery, and troubleshooting.
* Effectively uses database tools and own programming skills to identify problems and causes and to implement solutions.
Database Administration (20%)
* Monitors data feeds and database performance, ensuring that processes are running effectively and efficiently.
* Through own subject matter expertise as well as an ongoing understanding of data sets and business needs, determines most efficient processes for given queries.
* Participates in architectural planning, and makes recommendations regarding structure, capacity management, security, and operations.
* Demonstrates strong logic/analytical skills and attention to detail with a highly disciplined approach to quality control
* Is highly collaborative and acts as a team player
* Takes ownership and personal accountability for one's work
* Is extremely organized and effectively self-directs to prioritize and manage competing, high priority projects/tasks of varying complexities
* Remains calm under pressure, and works effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability - accepts constructive feedback, willingly accepts change, and willingly takes on additional responsibilities and assignments as necessary
* Demonstrates advanced and evolving understanding of Oracle and SQL Server, and regularly shares knowledge that educates others.
* Communicates well in all forums (interpersonal, written, presentations) and with all stakeholders (internal colleagues, clients, vendors, etc.).
Applicants Must Have
* 5+ years experience using Oracle RDBMS, preferably in a data warehousing environment
* High proficiency with SQL and query tuning in an Oracle environment
* Demonstrated programming experience, particularly with scripting languages
* Experience with Perl is a plus.
* Experience working with high volume, multi-TB data sets is a plus
* Bachelor's degree required
Kantar Retail (www.kantarretail.com
) is a global insights and consulting business with expertise in the consumer packaged goods and retail industries. We provide our clients with insights and analytics in the areas of retailer/shopper/consumer trends, category growth drivers, assortment, pricing, promotion, sales performance, and more.
Through offline channels such as strategic consulting projects, classroom training/workshops, and industry forums/events, and through our online content platform www.kantarretailiq.com, we work with leading consumer goods manufacturers and retailers to transform shopper purchase behaviors, leading to sales and business performance for our clients.
Kantar Retail has over 400 employees and offices in 15 markets around the globe. We are headquartered in London and are part of Kantar, the insight and consultancy arm of WPP.
United States, Wilton, Connecticut