PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
The Analytical Research and Services (AR&S) department within Research and Development (R&D) is in the business of receiving, analyzing, and testing products and other samples, observing and interpreting data, then reporting results to scientists, project leaders and other clients all over the division and with third parties as needed. The Sample Center/Stockroom group within R&D supports the sample management and testing functions of the Analytical Research & Services laboratories, Process Research Center & Pilot Plant.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
1. Routine sample handling and log-in according to written and/or verbal instructions with little or no direct supervision. Recognizes problems and takes appropriate corrective and preventative action.
2. Maintains the in-house Stockroom. Responsible for ordering all supplies. Interacts with suppliers & vendors as needed to purchase and maintain on-hand laboratory supplies
3. Responsible for meeting sample handling requirements in accordance with ISO 17025 requirements
4. Sample-handling log-in software & labeling systems responsibilities.
5. Assists in development of procedures, modifications, systems software and other efficiency improvements.
6. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and/or division operating procedures and complies with safe laboratory practices.
7. Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
8. Maintains appropriate control of confidential and proprietary information, the disclosure of which could have substantial adverse effects.
9. Completes task-specific projects, as requested, with minimal supervision.
10. Serves on committees and project teams
11. Train & serve as support/back-up for
Some college is preferred, along with technical skill and aptitude. Computer skills are a must. Extensive working knowledge of complex equipment and systems is a plus.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Abbott Laboratories - 17 months ago