Provides administrative support for an assigned
private or commercial banking division. Responds
to client inquiries, resolving all types of operating
problems or processing requested transactions.
Coordinates set-up of account services for
commercial clients and monitors reports.
Knowledge of private or commercial banking
products and services usually obtained through
experience is required to service client needs.
Knowledge of basic accounting usually obtained
through coursework or experience is required to
process account transactions and loan
documentation. Knowledge of the operational
areas usually obtained through experience
is required to identify sources of information
to resolve account discrepancies.
1. Supports banking relationship managers in serving
clients with their account needs.
2. Processes daily transactions as required by the
client such as loan payments, requests for funds
under established lines of credit, money transfers,
tax payments, and banking transactions.
3. Sets up various types of client accounts and
services. Reviews documentation relating to
accounts. Opens or closes demand deposit or
savings accounts, processing transactions
for accounts, and resolving related
4. Performs depository duties, loan processing,
and documentation and/or pays and monitors
overdrafts, contacting clients as required.
5. Interacts with partners in various areas in operating
to ensure accurate set-up of new services, resolve
operational problems, process various transactions,
and research client inquiries.
6. Keeps abreast of all new products and services
to respond to client questions and to assist in selling
7. Interacts with the client on the telephone or in
person responding to inquiries and providing
8. Sets up revolving credits, term loans, and various
other commitments on the loan systems using a
computer terminal to extract pertinent information.
9. Maintains effective filing system to ensure
responses to all inquiries and follow up action.
Develops and maintains tracking system to
monitor projects and their disposition.
10. Assists in preparation and completion of reports.
Reviews and corrects divisional reports such as loans
outstanding, balances, fees, profit performance,
expenses, and calls made.
11. Provides training and technical expertise on
administrative functions to division trainees.
1-2 years of related experience.
Northern Trust Corp. - 20 months ago
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...