Reporting to the Manager Benefits and Training, is responsible for creating and overseeing training within the LMS (Learning Management System). Responsible for other HR initiatives as assigned. Serves as the in-house expert in developing training programs to implement and track through the LMS, HealthStream. Arranges for training and educational materials to be prepared or updated. Provides training documents and reference materials pertaining to system upgrades. This highly visible role requires the incumbent to foster relationships with individuals at all levels of the hospital and especially with those who are responsible for educating within specific departments like Compliance, Nursing, Information Services, Quality and external regulatory agencies like Joint Commissions, EEO, DOL.
1) Participates in needs analysis to determine training needs within the Infirmary. Confers with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in procedures, regulations and technologies.
2) With subject matter experts, creates and implements training programs for all workforce members quickly, efficiently and with limited resources.
3) Coordinates with other trainers and may conduct training sessions or arrange for training sessions to be completed by management or other users within the Infirmary or external educators and/or programs. Ensures budget funds are earmarked before start of any program.
4) Responsible for ensuring training has been completed and is being tracked for various employee groups. Responsible for ensuring email reminder system is working effectively.
5) Able to stand up and train as well as be able to realize areas that need training, training systems or training support.
6) Selects or develops testing and evaluation procedures to be used at completion of training. Revises design of training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
7) Ability to thoroughly research topic areas for HR projects and implement project as required.
8) Manages vendor relationship with HealthStream.
9) Works closely with other HealthStream experts throughout the local area on training reciprocity and especially with MGH and BWH to ensure that physician training is not duplicative.
Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must have strong Excel and PowePoint skills to run and analyze reports and create training. Strong computer, analytical and communication skills are necessary. Position demands initiative, independence and the ability to interact with multiple departments and layers of management within the organization. Demonstrated writing and editing skills along with prior training experience or equivalent work experience essential. HealthStream & Lectora experience a plus. W
and employees where English is a second is a plus.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary - 9 months ago