Team Leader, Material Logistics-WIC02153
At Bombardier, 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe-one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will be responsible for managing a team of Material Logistic Agents. Role is to oversee the acquisition of materials, parts, and equipment from internal and external suppliers, ensure compliance to commercial and technical requirements, and adherence to schedule and quality standards. Responsibilities may include executing to the contract terms and conditions, managing internal and external orders with suppliers, capacity management, inventory management and project management.
- Performs supervisor responsibilities and recommend related actions, for example, hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, training and certifications, work assignments, and monitoring attendance
- Facilitates team efforts to resolve internal and supplier performance discrepancies to determine root causes and develop recommendations for corrective action
- Facilitates corrective action for all issues relating to internal and external supplier compliance to schedule requirements; for example, capacity, scrap, component discrepancies, and other performance issues.
- Analyze work status in order to determine if production schedule and quality guidelines will be met
- Leads and facilitates, the delivery of quality products per schedule to
- Actively participates in the change management process by harmonizing the implementation plan with operations and suppliers.
- Up to 10% travel
- Coordinate and govern internal and external reviews with cross-functional teams in operations and suppliers.
- Participate in shortage meetings and facilitate supplier support to operations
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- 6 years experience in operations, shop floor control, procurement, or material management
- 0-4 years supervisory experience
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area of employees within a multiple project setting
- Communication, problem solving and leadership skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
- Leadership skills to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly desired
- Previous product development experience preferred
- Technical or mechanical aptitude
- Business and financial acumen
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to watch our website and apply for additional positions that you are qualified for and may be of interest to you.
Job: Production Management
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.02.2013, 3:02:14 PM
Bombardier - 9 months ago
A pioneer in the aerospace industry, Learjet Inc. builds high-performance business jets -- the limos of the sky. The company...