Team In Training
Greater Los Angeles Chapter- Ventura County
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® program is a fundraising campaign that trains participants to complete marathons, triathlons, hikes and century bike rides while raising funds to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
The Campaign Specialist will be responsible for day to day logistics and administrative functions of the Ventura County Team In Training team. Weekend and evening hours will be involved.
Position is hourly. Part time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving recruitment, retention and revenue goals for assigned territory and sport
- Generate recruitment ideas and contacts, and teach volunteers to identify and execute recruitment activities
- Coordinate with other LLS staff members and volunteers to recruit corporate and community teams to participate in Team in Training
- Teach successful fundraising tactics and motivate volunteer participants to reach their full fundraising potential
- Identify future volunteer leaders and influence volunteers to become dedicated stewards of the LLS mission
- Maintain weekly territory recruitment, retention and revenue tracking
- Manage database of leads and volunteer participants
- Maintain contact with volunteer participants and answer their questions by email and phone within 24 hours
- Communicate fundraising and event related information to volunteers weekly
- Ensure that volunteers fulfill their responsibilities and that Saturday trainings are safe and well organized
- Attends team trainings on Saturday mornings as needed
- Special projects and team related event attendance as assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate the highest level of customer service, leadership, accountability and stewardship. In addition, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated, forward thinking, goal oriented, and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Some required event weekend travel
- 3-5 years professional experience (fundraising or non-profit experience a plus)
- Familiarity with the Team In Training campaign or similar program (Alumni preferred)
- Committed to the LLS mission
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities effectively
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Team player and strong leadership skills
- Flexible workweek required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs
idealist.org - 15 months ago