Network Support Specialist II (Job Number: 326674)
SAIC is seeking a Network Support Specialist II in Little Rock, AR.
Provide data network and technical services to customers supported via the NSOC (Network Security Operations Center). This network support position performs Tier I/II level troubleshooting procedures, triage, ask and answer intermediate technical questions, and provide clear and accurate communication regarding operational events.
- Provide 24x7 level 1 support to named contracts;
• Will be required to work varying 12 hour shifts within a 24x7 work week (7 days on and 7 days off-night or day)
• Provide day-to-day IT Operations service to include infrastructure and application monitoring, event escalation, general communications, and basic level triage;
• Assist in maintaining network user accounts and troubleshooting basic network applications;
• Assist with infrastructure upgrades, to include installation of new devices and network drops;
• Assist with updating latest software and policies (security, anti-virus, OS patches, etc.);
- MUST be a team player with a positive attitude and have excellent communications skills.
Associate degree (or 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree) with concentration in Information Technology or Electronics, and at least 4 years of related experience; Strong organizational skills, to include delivery of finished products; ability to effectively communicate orally; proficiency in technical editing and grammar to draft documentation that is grammatically correct, including the ability to edit and proofread; basic working or functional knowledge of computer office suites, e.g., MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Project).
Ability to successfully work with vendors, subcontractors, clients and divisional/program staff; deal with high visibility situations and work effectively under the pressure of rigid deadlines; excellent, demonstrated problem solving and innovation skills; work with limited direct supervision and possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: May 16, 2013, 10:30:03 AM
Primary Location: United States-AR-LITTLE ROCK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...