High School Diploma
On the job training provided.
1 year previous hospital food service in like position preferred
The Menu Representative functions as a patient ambassador assisting patients in selecting correct menu items based on their diet order and participating in patient tray assembly to ensure accuracy.
In addition to ensuring diet compliance, the Menu Representative acts as the liaison between the patient, nursing and foodservice. This position also serves as a clinical representative gathering and monitoring patient dietary information for communicating to clinical dietitians and other disciplines such as speech pathology and nursing.
Visits patients to discuss their food preferences and completes daily menus in compliance with diet order
Communicates patient food request, changes and production volume to clinical disciplines, production staff and Nutrition Services Workers as appropriate
Organizes and completes daily diet office duties such as preparing meal tickets, verifying menus and diet modifications comply with diet order, and answering phones.
Maintains and produces patient production volume projections, records department statistics
Participates on patient tray line
Assists in dish room and pots & pans
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with food production as needed
- Provides basic written diet information to patients as requested
- Assists with organizing and putting away department inventory and supplies – putting away stock
- Participates in department meetings and councils.
- Assist in the dish room as needed
- Records patients 'Intakes' accurately per established procedures.
- Assists with other areas of responsibility in the absence of Assistant Manager/Coordinators or as assigned.