Keurig is seeking a safety-minded team player to join our passionate and cooperative production team. As Machine Operator, you will be responsible for operating machinery safely and efficiently, to maximize production while maintaining GMCR’s high standard of quality. Excellent communication and problem solving skills are a must, as your team will face a variety of challenges on a day-to-day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Machine Operator will:
Operate production machinery to produce highest-quality product in accordance with GMCR quality and safety standards
Prepare machine for startup and shutdown procedures on a daily basis, follow a set production schedule, and ensure cleanliness of your machine and surrounding area
Maintain inventory of supplies and track scrap quantities
Perform operator adjustments, quality checks, and repairs to your machine as needed
Take part in continuous improvement initiatives that directly impact work and product quality.
· A Bronze or higher level National Career Readiness Certificate preferred
· Successful completion of the Virtual Job Tryout
· Strong mechanical aptitude of packaging machine operations
· Knowledge of product flow through the production facility
· Strong decision making/problem solving skills
· Self motivated team player with a positive attitude
· Ability to get along with others
· Ability to get along with management
· Ability to be punctual
· Able to bend and stretch on a regular basis
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to work flexible hours as required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during entire shift
• Ability to push/pull up to 1,500 pounds using supplied equipment
• Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment made by the company are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, education verification, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...