Bachelor's Degree required
The Physician Assistant (PA) position is responsible for providing quality health care services in the hospital. The positions emphasis is on critical care and operating room procedures, outpatient care, and staff education. Besides the emphasis on surgical and critical care the PA’s duties will also include, but are not limited to, providing patient assessments through patient exams, patient medical history, interpretation of required diagnostic procedures, and developing/implementing treatment and management plans of the inpatient and outpatient. This position requires working closely with physicians’ nurses, and other hospital staff. The PA shall meet or exceed current recognized national standards established by the Joint Commission of Health Care Organizations.
1. Assists in operating room including room preparation, pt position, prep and draping.
2. Takes history and physicals, record progress notes, write orders for patient care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Participates in clinical research.
4. Participates in national, state and local disaster planning, infection control.
5. Provides instructional information to students, residents and staff personnel in patient care manage.
6. Initiates appropriate evaluation and emergency management for emergency situations (e.g., cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, hemorrhage, injuries, etc).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills with patients, families, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant accredited educational program accredited by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Maintain 100 hours of CME every 12 years.
- Current NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants).
- Current Wyoming license. Board eligible. Certification for BLS / ACLS .
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...