You’ll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,200 retail and plant locations and approximately 15,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The NorPac Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and western Canada) is seeking Branch Manager to join our Chehalis, WA team.
JOB SUMMARY :
Coordinates and directs the day-to-day store operations to meet or exceed sales and margin targets by promoting sales and good customer service; maintains adequate inventory levels and monitors purchases to control expenses. Ensures facility and staff are in compliance with Safety and Regulatory standards. Provides guidance to team members on how to provide effective and efficient service to customers, good housekeeping, and overall operating efficiency.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
• Must lead within the Airgas culture – putting safety first.
• Utilizing the 3C’s will become the Brand Ambassador for Airgas.
• Provide consistent professional customer service to all walk-in or call-in customer inquiries regarding products, price, and technical information.
• Support the outside sales force as needed in servicing and obtaining new business.
• Oversee and ensure that cash reports, charge tickets, coding, costing, pricing, daily cash summary, bank deposits are processed accurately on a daily basis.
• Responsible for maintaining accuracy of back order report, open order report and PO expedite report.
• Establish and manage cylinder and/or hard goods inventory levels for the branch.
• Supervise the training of inside sales associates in areas including product knowledge; company policies, processes, and procedures; and safety; ensures that all associates are trained to perform critical branch functions.
• Ensure branch store shelves and displays are kept neat and clean and are adequately stocked and properly organized thereby exposing customers to all new and featured products.
• Maintain and upgrade industry product knowledge on an on-going basis.
• Perform periodic performance reviews of branch associates.
• Serve as liaison between employees and management, providing performance advice and direction in conjunction with the Human Resources department and senior management.
• Oversee general housekeeping of showroom, offices, warehouse, break room, restroom, and grounds.
• Maintain a safe work environment; organize required monthly safety meetings and strictly enforces all company safety rules and regulations.
• Promptly report any accident or injury is to supervisor.
• Be punctual and comply with shift schedule.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
SECONDARY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
• Supervision of Inside Sales Associate(s).
• Assist customers with equipment set-up, and demonstrate use as necessary.
• Ensure associate grievances are effectively handled.
• Other duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIE S:
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of branch personnel. Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensure associates have a comprehensive understanding of Airgas USA, LLC Standard Operating Procedures, Code of Conduct, HR and Safety Policies. Distribute, communicate and explain company issued correspondence and bulletins. Conduct and lead regular staff meetings/conference calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, KNOW-HOW & EXPERIENCE :
• High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in sales and distribution of industrial gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products; at least two (2) years experience in a managerial capacity.
• Strong retail sales/customer service skills desired.
• Must be safety conscience and possess a desire to work safely.
• Knowledge of welding applications and equipment a plus.
• Ability to learn the Airgas business/product line/organization/transaction systems.
• Proven ability to work effectively under deadlines with little supervision and to complete a high volume of paperwork accurately and on time.
• Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to work overtime and occasional weekends to meet operational deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug testing, physical, and background check and random drug testing applies.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS :
• Minimal business travel required.
• Must have reliable transportation.
COMPUTER SKILLS :
• Possess proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs).
• Experience with SAP or similar ERP a plus.
• Ability to enter and extract data into and out of a computer.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :
• Strong mathematical skills needed.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING and PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS :
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other associates, managers, customers and the general public.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Able to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company’s discretion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit, kneel, squat, and walk, as well as talk and hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. and move more than 100 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Requires manual dexterity to answer phones and use computer keyboard and mouse.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. Though the associate will spend the majority of the time in the store, there will be times he/she is outside assisting the customer loading/unloading product from a vehicle. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, and more.
We know it takes time and energy to submit an application. While we sincerely appreciate your interest in this position, due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reach out to every applicant individually. If we think you might be a match for this position our recruiting team will reach out to you directly.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Airgas Inc. - 19 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...