Santa Monica, CA
Who We Are: TrueCar, Inc. is a revolutionary Internet company that is fundamentally changing the automotive industry. Our business model is innovative and profitable: we're creating a transparent, intelligent automotive marketplace that benefits both buyers and sellers, using technology to ensure dealers thrive and consumers get a great price. Since its launch in 2006, TrueCar has facilitated the sale of over 400,000 new and used vehicles, and works with a nationwide network of over 5,000 dealers. Our partners include some of the most prominent brands in the U.S., including Consumer Reports, AAA, USAA, GEICO, Progressive, American Express, Bank of America, U.S. Bank, Yahoo Autos, AOL Autos and U.S. News. Our acquisition strategy recently resulted in the purchase of automotive residual values industry leader ALG as well. With triple digit revenue growth and offices in Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, San Francisco and Austin, we've made the list of fastest growing companies for both Inc. Magazine and Los Angeles Business Journal and our growth in 2012 is expected to more than double.
Now, we need more great people to help us pull off the next big thing. Join us.
Who We're Looking For: We are currently looking for an outstanding candidate for the position of Senior Designer in Santa Monica. The Lead Designer works closely with the Creative Director, VP Product, and Chief Product Officer to provide high-level front-end design in the development of key TrueCar products. This position rapidly visualizes information presentation for the web (and portable devices) and turns that vision into static/functional prototypes. The Designer serves as a member of core product team supporting front-end developers and product owners.
Qualified candidates must have a high competency level in Photoshop and Illustrator (Flash, Video a plus). Applicants must possess an obsessive attention to detail and be able to manage a high volume of work under extremely tight deadlines. Candidates must demonstrate strong communication skills and have experience adapting to evolving requirements in an iterative fashion.
- Works with various company business units to create high-level graphics and layouts for TrueCar, Inc. web properties
- The ability to lead design projects and mentor other design team members
- Requires in-depth knowledge of UX concepts and best practices. Clearly and persuasively communicate UX strategy and the reasoning behind it
- Requires a demonstrated ability to organize complex content for ease of navigation and readability
- Iterates through design ideas very rapidly
- Adheres to usability principles and designs for cross-platform/cross-browser access
- Emphasizes usability in design, with proper attribution and isolated assets ready for coding by the development team
- Keeps current with advances in Web technology and monitors industry trends in Web design
Great People Deserve Great Benefits: Yes, we're on a mission to reinvent how cars are bought and sold. And yes, we know our employees fuel our success. So we put a premium on the best talent and reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits including company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, vision, and a healthy 401(k). We'll also throw in gym memberships, 12 holidays, career training, three weeks PTO and much more. All in the name of attracting the brightest and keeping the best.
- Requires strong design skills and ability to create professional imagery and typography
- Experience with rapid & iterative development cycles (e.g., agile and extreme programming) highly desirable
- Experience with art direction, setting design styles, and managing teams and projects
- Requires 5+ years of web design experience at a corporate consumer-facing website
A Word About Our Culture: Our new ocean-side corporate offices in Santa Monica symbolize the best of 'Silicon Beach' and the direction we're headed to as a company. We work hard and play hard - and are led by a world-class executive team who want to make a difference. Invention and open collaboration are highly valued, and we encourage innovative thinking that drives great ideas across the entire organization. We utilize the latest web technologies to solve challenging problems, create powerful web applications from the ground up, and work hard to provide an outrageously good experience for both our customers and the people who work here.
Make the Connection: Send us your resume, cover letter, and links to some of your greatest projects. We'll be in touch.
Monster - 2 years ago