Registered Dietitian Full Time Days Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Job Code: 6300
(Position may require some weekend and evening coverage)
The Clinical Dietitian works to affect the nutritional care of individuals and groups by functioning as a member of the patient care team in the nutritional assessment, planning, and implementation of nutritional care plan for the patient. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Dietitian responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides nutrition and patient consultation as directed by the medical staff
- Assists in the coordination of food service and nutrition care delivery systems
- Maintains notes in patient medical record which document care provided, including nutritional screens, assessments, instructions given, and patient progress
- Attends discharge planning rounds on assigned areas and stays in regular contact with unit supervisors and nurses to enhance patient nutritional care
- Plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates nutrition education for patients; arranges for individual patient follow-up as needed
- Visits patients regularly in assigned work area to determine adequacy and appropriateness of both diet order and oral intake
- Develops a nutrition care plan which includes long-and short-term objectives, treatment modalities, education needs, on-going information gathering, and evaluation
The Clinical Dietitian reports to assigned Manager.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently) Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, and chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
- Bachelors degree in food and nutrition, with an emphasis in diet therapy, human physiology, chemistry, and/or adult education from an ADA-approved program
- Registration or registry eligible by the American Dietetic Association
- Oklahoma license or provisional license
- Previous experience as a clinical dietitian preferred
Integris Health - 11 months ago
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...