The Director of Facilities Management is the department head of the hospital's management team primarily responsible for administering and directing programs to maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment, to procure all utilities, and maintain their distribution systems. Coordinates these activities with other departments to insure safe and efficient operation, all in keeping with administrative guidelines and approval, JC, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local codes, regulations and requirements. Manages the hospital engineering department as an organized functioning unit that serves as a resource for planning, construction, remodeling, purchasing of major equipment, code compliance, environmental safety, disaster preparedness, and the daily routine operation and maintenance of the physical plant. The Director is also responsible for security and parking. Safely manages the environment of care while providing services. The Director of Facilities Management reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversees day to day activities in department
- Establishes standards and expectations for the department
- Demonstrates customer service behaviors
- Financial responsibility
- Prepares and maintains accurate statistical data and financial reports
- Maintains licensure, certification and skill competence
- Completes mandatory hospital requirements
- Maintain computerized record management system to store and retrieve data
- Hires and recruits
- Inspects facilities and equipment to maintain readiness and compliance
- Monitors resources
- Analyzes data and prepares reports to aid planning
- Risk management and improve service utilization
- Assumes responsibility for a safe and effective work environment for staff, patients and guests.
Bachelors Degree required. BS in mechanical, electrical, civil, or industrial engineering preferred. Five (5) years healthcare/hospital experience required, 10+ preferred. Two (2) years management experience required (5+ years preferred). Extensive knowledge of the applicable codes, JC environment of care, JC Life safety and NFPA standards. Proficient with utility operations, life support systems, and other hospital building equipment troubleshooting/repair. Strong communication, computer, financial, and project management skills. Self-motivated to complete tasks accurately and on-time. OSHA exp. preferred. Certified Healthcare Facility Manager- CHFM (preferred), with active membership and participation with ASHE. Certified Healthcare Safety Professional-CHSP (preferred).
One Source Health Careers is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
One Source Health Careers - 14 months ago
Number one pharmacist recruiter in the country. Will find your dream job. 800-506-0884