Under the direction of the Team Leader of Application Platforms, with wide latitude for exercise of independent initiative and judgment, serves as Web Server Administrator responsible for providing extremely high level subject matter expertise for the analysis, development, planning, testing and performance monitoring of complex computer projects and specific application needs. This includes providing overall hardware and software technical support services for Intranet & Internet IIS Web servers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of VMWare and is responsible for identifying and investigating application problems and issues, performing root cause analysis, and implementing an action plan for the resolution and dissemination of conclusions.
- Works in conjunction with the efforts of NYCDOE Level 2 and 3 server and system administrators through problem isolation and resolution of system-related issues.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for web based application tools, utilizing advanced knowledge to develop, test and deploy Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Content Management Systems, web application security, personalization and profiling.
- Installs and manages databases, application servers, web servers and Email Systems. Proactively monitors and manages the storage environment on a day to day basis and applies enhancements and/or fixes as needed.
- Develops and updates system administration procedures and works closely with other IT resources including business analysts, project analysts, and server operation to ensure product quality goals and objectives are met.
- Performs expert systems analysis of business requirements and matches appropriate technology to optimize productivity.
- Updates the design for the server infrastructure. Implements new servers for the applications. Maintains the server environment in an asset database.
- Serves as technical expert utilizing analytical skills and knowledge of software and web development lifecycle methodologies to ensure overall hardware and software technical support services for Intranet & Internet Web servers.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their requirements and translates them into system specifications.
- Creates and implements a disaster recovery plan and commences escalation procedures as needed.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots Internet servers, clusters of web servers, application servers, and SQL Databases.
- Assists in the evaluation of web load balancing technologies and provides leadership and direction for emerging technologies in the Internet hardware and software arena.
- Develops and promotes a secure, reliable, and highly available IT security infrastructure utilizing a firewall system to secure networks from unauthorized users and to ensure data integrity.
- Manages interdependent tasks and deadlines ensuring completion in a timely fashion and utilizes work plans to prioritize and define user requirements.
CompTIA Security+ AND
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and two years of satisfactory full-time (not classroom based) experience in computer applications development planning, design, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, and security management; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six years of satisfactory full-time (not classroom based) information technology experience of which at least 2 years must have been as described in "1" above; or
3. A master’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college may substitute for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least one year of satisfactory full-time (not classroom based) information technology experience as described in "1" above.
1. Six years of software and hardware support experience in a Web administrator function supporting multiple .NET applications.
2. Hands on experience with securing .NET applications.
3. Hands on experience working with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager and Install shield to package and deploy applications to multiple web farms.
4. Experience with VB.net a plus.
5. Ability to install, configure and support Microsoft ISA server.
6. Ability to define user accounts, monitors security, control and authenticates user certificates, and support user passwords.
7. Solid working knowledge and experience with IIS 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0.
8. Knowledge of MS SQL and preferably & Oracle RDBMS.
9. Strong knowledge of Browsers including Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari
10. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008.
11. Firm knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory.
12. Utilizes programming experience specific to .NET Framework.
13. Ability to be available, as needed for on-call 7X24 shift rotations, overtime and off hours support.
14. Excellent oral & written communication skills.
Please Note :
Applicant must be a US Citizen or
Possess a Green Card to be eligible for this position
New York City Department of Education
Division of Instructional and Information Technology (DIIT)
2 MetroTech Center – Suite 3600
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Apply by Email
Monster - 2 years ago
The New York City Department of Education provides challenging standards-based instructional practices and highly engaging learning opportun...