Job Title: FT Master Cake Decorator - bloom
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature, and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and competencies of the Master Cake Decorator. The incumbent may be assigned other duties and responsibilities.
Produce high quality cakes and maintain cake program at all times. Provide quality customer service to customers in the Deli/Bakery/HMS Department. Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities to achieve proper Deli/Bakery/HMS Department conditions. Responsible for maintaining standards according to the Deli Standard Practice Manual. Maximize sales by always providing excellent customer service.
Reports directly to the Deli/Bakery/HMS Manager. In their absence, reports to the Assistant Manager – Fresh or Manager on Duty. Occasionally receives direction from the Assistant Deli/Bakery/HMS Manager.
Enthusiastic about cake decorating and cake preparation. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Willing to perform additional duties as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Master Cake Decorator and Cake Decorator must know how to perform the following:
- Understands and executes programs according to Bloom Standard Practice
- Carries out specific duties as assigned by the Deli/Bakery/HMS Manager.
- Complies with all Bloom policies and Standard Practices in all areas of the Deli/
related products as specified in the Bloom Cake Manual.
- Understands how to take/fill special orders and teach others how to do the same.
- Produces and merchandises Quality in store decorated cakes, cupcakes and
data that the guides provide for any necessary allocation, or production
- Produces product that meet the requirements of Labor Standards for each variety.
- Understands and executes the proper use of tare and portion controls
- Operates and maintains airbrush, and picture cake equipment.
- Understands how to utilize the Production Guides as well as how to react to the
- Does not Freelance unless requested by a customer.
- Understands and executes all Food Safety/Sanitation practices for
for sanitation purposes.
- Understands and executes breaking down and reassembling related equipment
Decorator and Cake Decorator.
- Understands and execute the proper use of department scales.
- Ability to train additional associates to perform the duties of a Master Cake
standing/walking the majority of the shift
- Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm motions while
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and lift 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs.
- Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time
- Use their hands to operate controls and feel objects, and use tools to prepare
packaging materials, and food products
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials,
FoodLion - 3 years ago
Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets under the Food...