DMI is a fast-growing IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm with break-through solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cybersecurity, and industry-leading services in Strategic IT Consulting, Managed IT Services, Enterprise Application Development, and Health IT. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has enabled us to achieve more than 970% growth since 2009, and in 2012 we were recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in the Unites States. Our rapidly expanding client base includes all 15 Federal Executive Departments, and scores of commercial clients. Ranked as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington D.C. area by the Washington Business Journal, DMI offers our employees continual opportunities for personal and professional growth and enrichment. DMI is a rising star -- hitch up your wagon!
Careers at DMI
About the Opportunity:
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Windows Systems Administrator to support an Information Management System for a Federal Government customer on a long-term contract in the DC metro area.
Tier I Service Desk Support :
- Swing shift 2pm-10pm
- Support a continuously manned (24x7) IT service desk
- Provide walk-in support as well as responding to telephone, web-based online messages, e-mails or user submitted incident ticket notifications
- Follow established help desk standard operating procedures and provide service desk support tasks to include but not be limited to the following:
Server Operation and Management:
- Operate and maintain all production, test, and development systems in a Windows environment.
- Perform system administration activities to include account management, monitoring and management of system resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, managing operating systems, and storage management.
- Test and install operating system, COTS, and GOTS upgrades and patches and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) consistent with security, information assurance, and established change control requirements.
Desktop/Client Operation and Management to include but is not limited to:
- Support a data center environment (hardware and software) to ensure maximum availability for customers
- Maintain server operating systems, COTS, and GOTS software at the versions required
- Create and maintain documentation to support the testing, installation, operations and maintenance of data center equipment
- Proficient in Change Management
- Perform system back-ups and restore functions to ensure data availability and survivability of information
- Restore and/or reproduce current and legacy systems, applications, and data in accordance with directives and requirements for data and disaster recovery or as specified by the TM
- The contractor shall maintain a data storage backup log
Specialized Skills Experience:
- Design/installation/configure /maintain, software and peripheral upgrades, service requests, and troubleshooting
- Follow established Incident, Problem, and Change Management procedures in order to document all requests for service, resolve user issues, correct the root cause of incidents, and minimize any adverse impact to the customer
Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2003 and Windows XP, respectively): , Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, System Center Configuration Manager, Windows Server Update Server (WSUS), SharePoint Server, Double-Take and Comm Vault management & administration, Clustered Server management, Windows Scripting, Vmware/Virtual PC administration, Citrix administration, WEB Master (IIS), Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) administration, BACKUP/RESTORE, GCCS-J 4.x or similar command and control operational systems experience, Desktop management, Windows scripting, Incident/problem resolution, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) administration.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, related technical training (or equivalent experience) plus at least two years of directly related experience.
Certifications: Security + Required, MCSE desired
Clearance: Top Secret /SCI Eligible
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
Digital Management, Inc. - 19 months ago
Founded in 2002, Digital Management is an information technology strategy and solutions company focused on servicing the needs of a Federal...