Johnsonville Sausage has an opportunity for a results-oriented Controls Project Engineer to help Johnsonville become the Best Company in the World. Your role will be to enable Members in the organization to meet the goals of product superiority and productivity through your contribution as a Controls Project Engineer. This position will work on both Controls and other engineering projects within the organization. This job is perfect for an individual who has a track record of improving and expanding the scope of their responsibilities and wants to continue to grow and challenge themselves.
• Lead or assist cross-functional teams in implementing process, packaging or infrastructure projects in support of new product introductions, co-manufacturing projects, or internal Johnsonville projects to enhance the capability of our production lines (equipment efficiency, flexibility and capacity).
• Provide initial project development including concept, design, layouts, cost estimating, cost justification, research and selection of the best equipment, and project submittals with timelines and contingencies.
• Total project management including capital request, installation management, project commissioning, cost analysis, training, documentation, project closing and regular updates to stakeholders.
• Work closely with internal customers (e.g. Manufacturing Facilities, R&D, Quality, Packaging, Warehouse, Logistics, etc.) to support them in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives.
• Ensure cross-functional stakeholder involvement throughout the total project process.
• Successfully work with vendors, contractors, governmental and regulatory agencies (USDA, OSHA, DNR, EPA, etc.) to the extent needed for the completion of projects.
• Provide advice and technical direction as a support member for Johnsonville teams and members on an as-needed basis.
• Provide continuous improvement in the company’s productivity pipeline and offer innovative ways to improve the company’s performance.
• Facilitate and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Lead projects in support of efforts to constantly improve safety, product quality, maintainability, continuous improvement, and customer service throughout Johnsonville.
• Meet or exceed your internal and external customers’ needs. Make sure everything you do supports our customers’ success.
• Develop, support and deliver projects that move the Company closer to becoming the Best Company in the World.
• Maintain the integrity of the Johnsonville capital process and all Johnsonville Engineering systems.
• Develop and improve engineering specifications for food safety and sanitary design of equipment and facilities.
• Develop and maintain an aggressive personal development plan that would lead to areas of greater responsibility. Assist fellow Johnsonville Members in their development.
• Develop future projects for the company productivity pipeline that will make the company more successful.
• Use your technical knowledge of engineering to recommend non-traditional, creative ideas and solutions.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering related field required; Electrical/Controls background preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience required in any combination of the following roles: controls engineering, project engineering, plant engineering or maintenance management.
• Demonstrated experience in the design and installation of process, packaging, and material handling operations; Controls and/or Robotics experience strongly desired.
• Proven track record of managing projects; experience in a USDA regulated facility preferred.
• Design/evaluation experience with ergonomics, human safety and food safety preferred.
• Ability to successfully facilitate projects in a team-based environment.
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, MS Project, or equivalent project management software required.
• Experience with any of the following desired: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Network Communication (IP Routing, Switches, Links network), RS LOGIX, Factory Talk, Factory View, and other Rockwell software and hardware.
• Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral, listening, presentation), organizational, and follow-up skills required.
Travel: Required as needed for project work (likely less than10%)
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
Here's a company you might link up with. Johnsonville Sausage makes a wide array of top-selling fresh, pre-cooked, and smoked sausage...