About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
Pay opportunity: $10.87 - 14.12 - 17.37/hr
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician. Assists providers with exams and minor in office procedures and acts as chaperon as needed.
- Performs a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under the supervision of a clinician including but not limited to vision, hearing, and lifting tests. Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory testing including phlebotomy. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
- Assists nursing staff and provider in surveillance programs. Provides clerical support with patient/client notification and documentation. Surveillance programs to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
- Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication/injectables and immunizations, i.e., expired medications/equipment, recalls and patient tracking.
- Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
- Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations may be required. Some departments may require current credentials as a Certified Medical Assistant. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard