Corporate IT is responsible for supporting a wide variety of technology and solutions within the Infrastructure, Applications and Services organizations. A major project with corporate IT is the implementation a new SAP instance across the entire global Power Transmission group. We are just beginning the build phase for the first Release of SAP. The Global SAP Implementation project (Project Unite) will take 5+ years to complete.
This internship role is for students who are in their final year before completing a Bachelor's degree in information technology, industrial studies, engineering or business. Intern now on a part-time basis to train for a professional full-time role after graduation-- it's a great opportunity to start a career now, even before graduation!
The right candidate is someone who loves complex design work. You will get the opportunity to frequently be involved hands-on in various aspects of the business. You will learn and be involved in the various phases of a major IT implementation project.
The position will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI.
Through this internship, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn business and SAP processes while working with the SAP team responsible for complex product modeling (Variant Configuration). The intern will be exposed to the process of translating product requirements and business rules into Variant Configuration models, manufacturing bills of material, production routings and product costing.
- Work with business representatives to understand and capture their requirements and expectations. And to clarify and document any gaps
- Ability to characterize products and classify according to logical groupings.
- Create/maintain specifications that accurately describe the intended scope/function of configurable products in a “market leader” business tool environment…including, but not limited to rules, Bill of Materials, pricing and manufacturing elements
- Create/maintain testing programs/ scripts used for validation of development and maintenance of configurable products; including but not limited to planning, execution and corrective action where needed
- Troubleshoot as needed
- Analyze / understand AS-IS & TO-BE process models
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle various tasks; attention to detail
- Create and maintain business tools that facilitate proactive decision making, effectiveness and efficiency within the team
All interns must have completed at least three years toward an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Management or related technical field, or be working toward a graduate degree.
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Co-op, or internship experience in SAP ECC 6.0 is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge in and experience with use, design, manufacture and marketing of industrial power and motion components is a plus, but is not required
- Must have a “hands on” approach towards work
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team environment and coordinating tasks with peers
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, analytical and motivational attributes along with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, performance-based environment where all associates strive towards stretch goals
Competitive Hourly Salary for the Intern period; a Competitive Salary plus full benefits will go into effect when the role becomes a full-time direct hire role after the intern graduates.
Feb 19, 2013, 10:58:08 AM
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing,...