Manager, Incident Management
Job ID #: 23588
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelor of Science
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Position Title: Manager, Incident Response
This exciting manager level position is responsible for overseeing a team within Global Operations for a Fortune 500 Ecommerce company and one of the most heavily trafficked ecommerce companies in the world. The Manager of the Incident Response team will oversee a team of technical and process oriented experts responsible for driving business impacting IT incidents to resolution. The qualified candidate will be responsible for driving incident resolution for a variety of hardware systems, batch processes, custom and off-the-shelf applications, network devices, and databases. This leader will oversee a highly technical staff supporting Windows, LINUX/UNIX, and SQL production servers and network devices. The Manager of the Incident Response team must possess significant work experience in a production, mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24x7 environment.
- Operationally supporting new and current customer facing production applications, systems, and supporting infrastructure.
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication and escalation of business impacting IT incidents.
- Running and overseeing a 24x7 shift on the Global Operations team responsible for uptime and availability of a highly trafficked e-commerce environment.
- Responsible for all server and network related support issues, ensuring support issues are resolved within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Partner with internal and external teams to determine root causes on significant incidents and drive any identified problems to resolution.
- Manages the technical staff within the Global Operations team, responsible for performance management, career development and coaching.
- Partner closely with other Operations, Development and business leaders to define and provide support for Expedia Inc's products and services.
- Initiates and drives process changes designed to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver repeatable and reproducible results through consistency of process, procedure, change control and workflow management.
- Partner with the various IT organizations to implement and leverage tools and applications to monitor and support Expedia Inc products and services.
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to identify and track key metrics.
- Ensure the technical staff drives resolution of escalated customer issues.
- Summarize key elements of technical problems and work with the appropriate technical groups to develop post mortem summaries.
- Build and develop proactive and cooperative relationships with internal and external staff.
- Ability to respond to a changing environment and grow technically.
- This position requires the individual to have the following skills:
o 5-7 Years of demonstrated work experience within a large-scale E-Commerce production support experience.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Exceptional operational skills, with the demonstrated ability to analyze a given scenario and produce viable solutions that reduce response times or increase productivity.
o ITIL v3 foundation certification or equivalent demonstration of good operational practices around service operations in a large scale IT organization.
o Proven track record of executing and driving results for operational plans and continuous improvement efforts.
o Experience working with Software development teams on specifications, implementation and support.
o Collaboratively working with a development counterpart to drive engineering and operational guidelines for projects and initiatives.
o Mentorship skills that will guide 24x7 support staff with troubleshooting and system support.
o Demonstrated ability to work on a team with minimal management direction.
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT Systems preferred.
o Organizational agility - the ability to work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging from VPs to individual contributors and support staff.
o Proven history of performance excellence in the following areas; customer focus, team building, collaboration, optimization with strategic long-term thinking, and communication.
NOTE: Position may reside in either Bellevue, WA, or Chandler, AZ.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 24 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...