This position is primarily responsible for the analysis of and providing optimization solutions through modeling existing and proposed pipelines, process and compression systems in support of operations, project engineering, commercial development and management. Incumbent will participate in and provide leadership in field identification and analysis of optimization opportunities throughout Anadarko's facilities. Some project work will be included encompassing engineering / managing assigned company projects relating to implementation of optimization solutions from inception through completion. The incumbent is expected to carry out all activities with minimal direction from supervisor and, at times, execute multiple medium to large size projects simultaneously. The analysis / optimization projects are to be completed expeditiously and efficaciously for the OSG's internal customers. Project work assigned will be conducted safely, with high quality results that meet the requirements of the project scope within budgetary and scheduling constraints. In addition, the position will be required to coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g., Environmental, Safety, Business Development, Operations, Marketing, Land, Legal, Accounting) and external entities (e.g., government agencies, regulatory bodies, landowners, producers, general public). The incumbent must demonstrate strong organizational skills and excellent communications skills. The position will also be required to participate in technical reviews and trouble shooting of existing company facilities and to provide technical support to other Company Departments.
• 4 years of experience in pipeline and processing modeling for / in petroleum industry related work required
• A high degree of familiarity with and knowledge of natural gas gathering, treating/processing, compression, and pipeline systems is desired.
• Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards, environmental regulations, and safety regulations.
• Strong working knowledge in the use and manipulation of pipeline network simulation (e.g., SynerGEE, PipePhase, PipeSim, PipeSys)
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office software particularly Word and Excel.
• Perform analysis, optimization and project work in a manner consistent with APC's operating philosophy.
• Measure actual costs / returns against projected results of analysis / recommendations and report outcomes. Develop and assist in the justification of AFE's for assigned projects.
• Build, truth, maintain, update, and train other people on the use of pipeline, process, and compression models. Provide in-company consulting services to facilities and operations groups in process / operations improvement / optimization throughout the southern area with some work possible in the northern are as well.
• Design the technical scope of assigned projects to ensure that it meets the requirements of the company while complying with governmental regulations and industry standards. Identify potentially hazardous conditions and design operation that will protect employee and public safety, and company resources.
• Provide technical support, assistance, and direction to project staff, operations, commercial development, and other company departments.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Chemical, Petroleum, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
5 to 25% travel to field locations required
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...