Job Title: Jr. Systems Administration
Job Code: HITS05121088
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of computer systems at the operating system and infrastructure level; operating systems to include: Windows, UNIX and LINUX
- Supports a 24/7 operations center working 12 hours shifts (day/night).
- Provide UNIX/LINUX System Administration support (peripheral/user/application OS Administration) to operational systems.
- Updates existing incident and service requests in the Service Manager system.
- Interacts with Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to restore service and/or identify and correct system problems.
- Performs system backups - restores systems from backups.
- Creates and maintains user profiles and accounts - User Account.
- Able to generate moderately complex scripts using Shell and/or PERL tools
- Monitors network and system activity and troubleshoots outages
- Executes procedures, in a sequential order, to maintain system operations.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Requires a BS degree with 0-2 years of experience (or the equivalent work) in a related field.
- UNIX/LINUX script writing experience is a must.
- Requires an experience in windows Server Administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI clearance and to maintain the clearance.
- Familiarity with AIX, IRIX preferred
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of various operating system platforms including: UNIX, LINUX and Windows
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles
- UNIX(Solaris) and LINUX(RedHat, SUSE) experience is a plus.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris Corporation - 22 months ago
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...