Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Personnel & Social Services
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
We have an immediate need for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage Family Therapist to serve as the Psychological Health Outreach Team Member for the US Navy Reserve and Marine Forces Reserve Psychological Health Outreach Program (PHOP) Team. The Psychological Health Outreach Team Member will provide essential coordination, management and clinical assessment support to PHOP teams throughout the nation, ensuring the goals of this program are met by creating a Psychological Health “safety net” for USNR and MFR Reservists and their families and identifying long-term strategies to improve Psychological Health support services for Reservists and their families. The Psychological Health Outreach Team Member will perform all of the following services:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Provide Psycho-educational briefs and presentation delivery at HTC/NOSC, NMPS, Pre and post deployment events
- Complete Behavioral Health Screenings and accompanying documentations, including consent forms and contact notes
- Client Follow-up/Check-in during HTC/NOSC visit
- Warm hand of to case managers within 24-48 hrs considering severity of the referral
- Outreach calls to recently demobilized Reservists and required monthly reports and supplemental documentation
- Serve as representative at Community and Military resource service outreach and networking events on behalf of the program
- Contributing to Regional Resource database Resource
- Facilitate phone or email based clinical assessments to Reservists who are referred through Deployment Health Assessment screenings or identified by unit Command, the HTC/NOSC staff, family member or friends, or by self referral or another means, as needing Psychological Health support services.
- Determine any psychological health issues that may require mental health care services or other psychosocial intervention.
- Contact all identified USNR Reservists who have returned from deployments within the last six months to determine if additional assessment is needed for PH issues.
- Assist the Reservist with PH issues and that those with non-service connected issues are provided with support and required care from appropriate military and/or civilian agencies.
- Maintain HTC/NOSC visit, outreach and referral management documentation and contribute to data reporting and strategies to improve PH support services for Reservists and their Families.
Employment Type: Part time
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Social Sciences from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required.
- The highest current State license or certificate as a LCSW/LICSW, LPC, LMHC, LMFT to practice independently (the qualifying license must be from the state in which the work site is located).
- Two years of full-time post-master’s degree, supervised clinical work experience, is required.
- Experience with telephonic email and assessment services as with Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the military culture and/or prior direct experience with the military preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers OR the American Red Cross’ CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Qualified applicants must be able to successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check.
- Well versed in Clinical Practice with at least two years of experience facilitating clinical assessments
- Knowledge of various treatment modules
- Excellent Group coordination and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with outstanding administrative organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Able to work well with individuals in a wide range of ranks and positions
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco , Inc. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...