This position is to cover the Second Shift (3pm to 11pm). Candidate will have the flexibility to work from home to cover this shift, however there would be times when the individual will need to come to the Newark Offices.
This position will report to the Manager within FSA Operations located in Newark, NJ. The successful candidate must be able to work well within a challenging fast-paced environment and be willing to be flexible (working weekends/holidays as needed on a rotational assignment) to support our global Infrastructure. Specific responsibilities and functions for the day to day job include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate, review and schedule Job Streams for Financial Applications.
- Monitor applications and resolve Job Stream processing issues.
- Support the implementation of new or changed processes for Enterprise Financial Applications.
- Update the Finance Portal for high severity issues impacting Financial Application users.
- Create presentations for Senior Management team.
- Provide support for maintenance, and Interface issues as needed.
- Assist in reviewing proofs and controls around our Financial Systems Architecture (FSA) environment.
- Provide production and Non production processing / operational support as needed and during on-call rotation by monitoring and escalating production errors / failures / warnings to appropriate System Support contacts timely for immediate resolution. (Oracle Concurrent Programs and Autosys.)
- Support other production and non production processing functions seamlessly.
- Work with peers/business partners to resolve issues and effectively implement change.
- Lead initiatives for Operations.
Bachelor's degree preferred
1- 2 years related business experience in an accounting operations environment
Project management experience is a plus.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel & Word
MS Project & Visio is a plus.
Oracle financial system knowledge required
Autosys financial system knowledge preferred
Strong analysis skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently and multitask
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management
Strong decision making and negotiating skills
Customer focus and organizational awareness
Japanese language skills preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark
Prudential - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
For more than 135 years, Prudential has addressed financial challenges for its individual and institutional customers. Today, with...