WillowTree Apps is looking for Software Engineers interested in data, application
logic and deployment infrastructure. Since 2008, WillowTree has released over 100 apps on as many platforms as iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web, Desktop Web, Windows Phone, Roku and Nook.
DevOps comes in whenever an app has a server-side component that has to be built. Our most important functions are defining the interface to the data for the frontend Clients, and defining all of the required application logic. We also spend a good amount of time on infrastructure configuration and deployment so that our backends can scale with significant traffic while remaining highly available.
This position is on-location in our offices on the Charlottesville downtown mall. We are only looking for full-time hires at this time.
We look for candidates who:
- Like thinking about data in general: how it gets stored, indexed, queried and represented.
- Enjoy living on the bleeding edge of the latest App technology, and continuously learning about new frameworks and patterns as they emerge.
- Appreciate being called a hacker.
Any of the following makes you a stronger candidate:
- Deep understanding of a high-level programming language, preferably Python,
Ruby, Java or PHP.
- Expert knowledge of an MVC web-oriented framework like Django, Rails or App Engine.
- Experience with any of the following data stores: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MangoDB, Redis.
- Comfortable on UNIX-type command lines (Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, OSX).
WillowTree Apps is one of the largest and most respected mobile development companies in the US – one of only two app development companies on the 2012 Inc. 500 list. The company has won numerous industry awards including being named a Top 3 Global App Development company by both Best Web Design and SourcingLine, numerous Webby awards, and having its apps repeatedly selected by Apple to feature as top apps in various categories. Our entire 45+ person team is located in our Charlottesville, VA headquarters. Nothing is outsourced. Our open office environment is designed to facilitate collaboration among our team. Our team members are frequent speakers at mobile design conferences. We hire the best in the industry.
- Expert knowledge of Python.
- Involvement in Open Source.
- Comfortable interacting with customers.
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure vendors (Linode, AWS, Rackspace, Slicehost).
- Familiarity with Configuration Management systems like Salt, Chef or Puppet.
- Front-end development experience on any platform that does HTTP calls (iOS, Android, HTML5).
- Understanding of scalable and highly-available systems.
How to apply
For questions and submissions, email us with a short note about yourself, a portfolio link/pdf, and resume to:
github：jobs - 18 months ago