Network/Telecom Engineer- Quonset Point, RI
USA-RI: RHODE ISLAND-DEFAULT RI
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 14, 2013, 5:17:36 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains routine data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates, resolves and/or escalates network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes and isolates errors; assists in assessing and updating older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provides first line technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers routine technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small networks. Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment or multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBX), voice mail, call management system, etc. for maintenance.
- Assists in designing, and implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operation status of networks.
- Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Assists in routine cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Zero or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
- Experience working with current local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues
- Experience working with current network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server)
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment required.
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN and telecom/VoIP required.
- Cisco VoIP and Aruba wireless experience desirable.
- Based on the nature of this position, our client requires a U. S. Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Position is on-site in Quonset Point, RI.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to convey a professional image and deal confidently with technical problems
- Willingness to travel
CSC est l’un des leaders mondiaux dans le conseil ainsi que dans la mise en oeuvre, pour les entreprises, de solutions et de services...