For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Mechanical Engineer Jobs – Anchorage, AK Many everyday products, and most of our nation's transportation fuels, originate as crude oil. A significant share of our nation's crude oil comes from the great state of Alaska. At CH2M HILL, we play an integral part in assisting our clients to develop engineering projects to help get this oil to world markets. As a Mechanical Engineer , you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects that will challenge you and allow you to apply your talents, skills, and experience. You will normally work under the direction of a senior licensed engineer to perform basic engineering and project assignements. You will follow prescribed procedures and detaiiled instructions. Under close supervision, you will perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principle. You will use fundamental concepts, practices and procedures, perform specific and limited portions of assigned tasks. Work is reviewed for quality and as part of a mentoring process. You should be a self motivated professional with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, AutoCAD experience, oil and gas experience and your PE certification.
Our Mechanical Engineer :
SPECIAL NOTE: Preference will be given to applicants residing in the greater Anchorage area. CH2M Hill will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B visa, etc.,) to fill this position.
- Performs applicable equipment calculations.
- Participates in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets on mechanical engineering work (including piping, rotating and fixed equipment).
- Helps develop P&IDs, equipment arrangements, equipment specifications, data sheets, vendor proposals and technical studies.
- Assists with calculations and significant as-built/field work.
- Has responsibilities that will vary from client coordination, onsite review, and engineering inspection of construction projects.
- Performs computation, code compliance interpretations, development of specifications, and other miscellaneous engineering tasks.
- Prepares and coordinate engineering reports, studies, calculations, and drawings.
- Participates in meetings with the Client and project team to establish project objectives, and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems
- Supports Department and Project Managers with project delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word Suite (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- EIT Certification
- A minimum of 4 years mechanical engineering design experience
- AutoCAD experience
- PE Certification or ability to obtain PE Certification within 1-year.
- Oil & gas industry experience
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...