Madison Sterns, A National IT Consulting Firm, is currently looking for a Java J2EE Application Developer for a direct end customer in Elkridge, MD. Project would start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months. Rate is Open Inclusive.
Education and Experience:
- Be a team player who can work effectively in a team environment as a member of an application maintenance and development group.
- Performs analysis, coding, and unit testing of existing and/or new systems.
- Develops design specification documents for projects.
- Supports system testing and user acceptance testing.
- Assists in defining and documenting user requirements.
- Assists in developing user manuals, procedure and training documents.
- Interacts with customers and team members to clarify requirements.
Special Requirements / Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of application development experience in Java/J2EE environment using IBM Rational Application developer (RAD) or Eclipse or similar IDEs. Experience with Websphere or similar AppServers is also required.
- One or more years experience in system modifications and enhancements for large-scale human services system – Child Support application systems – in state government environment.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Strong time management, priority allocation and task management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet project needs.
- Possess drive to work through issues, seek team support and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Highly customer service oriented with proven ability to work with business customers as well as other team members.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Madison Sterns - 22 months ago