USSOCOM seeks talented and motivated individuals looking to serve your country, optimize your contributions and join our diverse, professional team in
. You will earn a competitive salary and enjoy outstanding benefits while working alongside some of the brightest, most motivated Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen of our time.
Find out more click
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Employment of People with Disabilities,
Schedule A, click
for additional information
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Non-DoD Transfer (
, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
30% Disabled Veterans
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses WILL be paid
- This is a Logistics career field centrally managed position
- This is a designated drug testing position
- This is a KEY and Supervisory position
- This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security cleareance
Back to top
THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION IS
To serve as a supervisor of US Special Operations Command personnel assigned full-time in the National Capital Region to provide military representation to other agencies of US govt
Interfaces with senior leaders at US Special Operations Command to include the Commander, Deputy Commander, Vice Commander, Director of the Interagency Task Force, and US Special Operations J-Staff Directors, etc.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities by keeping employees informed of management goals and objectives, changes in regulations, policies, and procedures governing work
Supervises and manages personnel assigned to Special Operations Support Teams (SOSTs) located in the National Capital Region
Identifies, documents, and analyzes complex problem sets involving mutual aspects of interagency planning at the national level for global operations against terrorist networks
Back to top
At least one year of specialized experience
in Federal Civil Service or equivalent to at least the GS-14 level or equal pay band that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of specialized experience includes, but is not limited to:
establish and maintain relationships with senior leaders of agencies of the US government to gain and maintain situational awareness on critical aspects of mutual
planning between DoD and the agencies, advises and provides counsel to employees on work and administrative matters including application of the policies, procedures, and directives of management, leading and delegating leadership of geographically separated teams from US Special Operations Command assigned to the various agencies of the US Government to coordinate the synchronization of DoD planning with the planning of other agencies for global operations against terrorist, networks, and designs, evaluates, briefs, and recommends options to senior leaders of the US Government for improvements and resolutions.
Please click the below link to view minimum qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience for this series:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-14 level or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Special Operations theories, principles, tactics, and operations. Knowledge of Special Commands
2. Knowledge of the United Command Structure, Joint Staff, Office, the Secretary of Defense, the Combatant Commands, and the Combat Support Agencies. Knowledge of other agencies of the US Government, operations of the US Government, and the National Security Staff structure and procedures.
3. Ability and skill at working with other agencies of the US Government. Skill in maintaining and applying astute decision making in sensitive and political situations involving senior leaders of the US Government.
4. Knowledge of past and present US Government and DoD initiatives, policies, laws, organizational structures, and directives involving the planning for global operations against terrorist networks.
5. Ability and skill in supervising, managing, and motivating personnel in complex endeavors.
6. Skill in conceptual thinking, problem solving, writing, editing, speaking, presenting, negotiating, influencing, and leading.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. This position is designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program. As a mandatory requirement for employment, the incumbent is to (A) refrain from the use of illegal drugs and (B) if requested, submit to urinalysis testing. Appointee must sign a statement acknowledging the position occupied is a Testing Designated Position.
2. This is a Key Position. If the selected candidate for this position is in a military recall status he/she must be removed from their military recall status, to be in this position if alternates for filling the position for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
3. Position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
4. Represents USSOCOM at formal and informal meetings, conferences, and symposia requiring the highest level of special operations, technical, and managerial competencies.
5. Work may frequently require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
6. The position requires the incumbent to have expert knowledge of the special operations of employment, tactics, techniques, and associated activities which support and facilitate special operations actions in meeting requirements of the Secretary of Defense, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff and the USSOCOM Commander.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment, relocation and retention incentives ARE BEING offered.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Recruitment by AFPC
550 C Street W Ste 57
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...