The Facilities Maintenance Unit Leader is responsible for the preventive and planned maintenance of the plant by improving equipment uptime, using systems such as TMS. Decrease operating costs and improve productivity/throughput. Schedule the activities for skilled tradesmen and lead the teams with safety initiatives and professional maintenance. Work closely with the maintenance crew to resolve all operational issues. Coordinate activities according to World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards to support the plant's objectives to achieve World Class Manufacturing status; resolving specific process issues in a team environment; and coordinating the operation and training of the plant's total maintenance system (TMS), OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and plant schedules.
- Bachelor's degree required or Journeyman card and or 10 plus years' experience in related field
- Experience with machine and systems operation and integration
- Minimum 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to interface with various levels of management including UAW employees
- Experience with robotic automation and application
- Experience with RS Logic, PLC-5, Allen Bradley Drive Systems
- Willingness to work any shift and overtime as required
- Lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
- Technical degree (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering) preferred
- Knowledge of weld processes / weld integrity an asset
- Experience with machine installation an asset
- Experience with Control Net Networks, Device Net Networks, Emerson, ISRA, Perceptron Vision Systems, Pilz Safety, Behr, Cooper, Moog, ABB, RSLogix, Atlas Copco, Webb / Dearborn Conveyors, etc.
- Able to work effectively with Engineering, Tooling and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering as required
- Previous experience in an automotive manufacturing environment is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft application software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) is a plus