Skills: Completion of high school or equivalent and trade or vocational school in licensed practical nursing. Current New Mexico LPN license or Graduate Practical Nurse Permit required ,and current CPR certification required. Less than one year experience in ambulatory setting.
Knowledge: Requires knowledge of patient care in terms of what is to be done and an understanding of how it is to be done. This staff member must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of patients served.
Abilities: Mental Power: Ability to make routine decisions that usually have a limited number of solutions.
Mental Power: Ability to exercise judgment in selection of the order of work assignments to meet clearly established schedules. Unusual cases or schedule changes are often referred to the immediate supervisor for resolution.
Physical Power: Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Assists with lifting and moving patients. Lifts supplies/equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. Repetitive hand/wrist/finger movement.
Primary Job Functions
Summary of Primary Functions
• Administer prescribed medications and treatments, as ordered by Medical Provider/Standard of Care Protocol.
• Assists Medical Providers with procedures.
• Provides instructions and information, both written and verbal per Education Protocol; documents appropriately.
• Performs visit planning, within Health Maintenance Guidelines.
• Performs laboratory testing and assigned quality checks; documents appropriately.
• Documents on medical record within scope of practice.
• Assists in screening of patients, in collaboration with Care Manager.
• Performs patient preparation/rooming patients, as directed by visit plan.
• Interacts effectively with patients, families and other staff.
• Maintains established practice policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance safety, environment and infection control standards.
• Completes required organizational and clinical competencies within the required time frame.
• Performs other functions as required
We are new Mexico's only private, not-for-profit healthcare system. Presbyterian is owned by the communities it serves and reinvests in care...