• Background as a supervisor or lead in a similar environment helpful
• Able to use basic hand and power tools
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Able to lift, stand, bend and work outdoors for extended periods of time
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Grounds Maintenance Laborer to join our outstanding team. The Grounds Maintenance Laborer Lead will also assist the supervisory team in the support and training of staff.
This position maintains grounds of industrial, commercial or public property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields as well as performing repairs on structures and equipment.
Responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
• Cutting grass, using walking-type or riding mowers
• Trimming hedges and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, us ng hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools
• Pruning shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools
• Spraying lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide
• Planting grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs
• Watering lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system
• Leaf and litter removal
• Removing snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower
• Spreading salt on walkways and other areas
• Repairing and painting fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings
• Provide training, support and guidance to other staff as required
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
The qualified candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
PRIDE Industries provides a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply on our website at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries - 10 months ago
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...